Tuesday, October 24, 2006

From Confusion Comes Peace

I feel a deep burden this morning as I write this entry. A great deal of it is from sadness, some from confusion and seeking direction in my life and a longing to know that I'm doing God's will. I've mentioned within the past couple of weeks about how a song by Michael Sweet "Take My Life" has absolutely blessed me to no ends. In fact, I'm listening to it as I sit here and wonder on what to write about.

It's message is so simple but so absolutely profound.

"God, take absolutely everything about me and within me and use it as You see fit. May I be obedient to Your call and plan upon my life. Let others around me not see me but may they see You living and working within. May my life be an example of Your saving grace, mercy and never ending faithfulness."

That has always been my hope and desire for this blog. I have no idea (only God knows) what kind of impact I'm having...or rather, this blog is having on the lives of those who read it. But if you are reading this and God is speaking to you, my prayer is that you will listen to that Voice inside.

God loves you. He wants you to know His peace and His blessings. Oh friend, He has a storehouse of blessings just waiting for you and me and He wants to bestow them upon you today. But you must come to know and trust in Him. I can promise you that my life has changed for the good because I put aside my own wants & agendas and trusted Him as my Lord & Savior.

Can I go out and prove things scientifically? Can I reason His being through mathematical equations or philosophical theories? No, I can't and I'll freely admit that. But what I can do is say that all of the answers I sought I've found through the reading of His holy word and through the faith I've developed by trusting in Him in all areas of my life.

I've talked before about how lost I was before I came to know Christ as my Savior. I was an absolute mess, trying to make things work on my own skills, through my own reasonings and according to my own plans. But I never seemed to find that inner peace and purpose I was searching for deep down.

Yet, when I gave every area of my life over to Him, it was just like the Bible says...the "spiritual scales fell from my eyes & ears" and I began to see and hear Him vibrantly. I am no exception either. He can and will do the same for you if you'll only but trust in Him today. Give it all up to God. Your hurts, your pains, your misery, your confusion, your questions, your doubts...leave them all at the foot of the cross and walk away victorious because of His grace & mercy.

Let me echo a song by Casting Crowns...

"I once was lost but now I'm found, I once was lost but now I'm found, so far away but I'm home now, I once was lost but now I'm found...

and now my lifesong sings...

I once was blind, but now I see, I once was blind but now I see, I don't how but when He touched me, I once was blind but now I see...

and now my lifesong sings...

I once was dead but now I live, I once was dead but now I live, now my life to You I give, now my life to You I give...

Halellujah, Halellujah!!

Let my lifesong sing to You!"

So much of what we live and see today, we have to know how it works. What's in it...how does it affect me? Is this relevant to me? There is no truth anymore except for my truth and your truth and their truth...

Yet, what if there is more? What if there IS one supreme truth...one absolute? What if that absolute IS God Himself? What then?

Friend, this is what I believe...

that God so loved this wretched, despicable world that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins...my sins, your sins, the sin of the world...and that whomever believes upon the Name of the Lord will be saved and will never see death but will live with Him forever!! You see, God didn't send Christ to earth to condemn us all to hell but to save us through the awesome gift of His miraculous shed blood.

All we have to do is believe and trust Him.

Oh yes...something wonderful happens when we call upon the name of Jesus. He saves, He cleanses, He restores, He loves and thank God Almighty...today...

He lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home