Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Off To The Windy City

Well, this one may be my last blog for a few days or so because the wife & I are headed to Chicago for the weekend for a radiology conference.

Oh yes, did I not tell you? I'm also a doctor of radiology and will be making a wonderful presentation on the new methods I've developed on detecting food particles in moustaches on men between the ages of 3-12 with a new radiomagnetic isotope gel that looks just like ketchup.

Or catsup, if you prefer.

Unfortunately, as I check on the number of reservations for my talk, I see I actually have negative numbers scheduled. What the-?? Negative numbers?? Apparently even I won't be showing up. LOL

Seriously, Jennifer has a conference and I'm tagging along to make it a nice getaway weekend for both of us. There are some nice restaurants, a couple Broadway shows and meeting up with one of my best friends, whom I haven't seen in 20 years all planned to begin this Thursday. We tried to get tix to see Oprah but her line was always busy. I even tried the "good husband/desperate husband" trick via email (you know...for a surprise for my hard-working wife) but I never heard back from Ms. Winfrey.

Bah! I didn't want a new car from her anyway!! LOL

I wanted to go see the Bears play on Sunday but:

a) Jennifer gets done with her conference at noon
b) We have to check out of the hotel by noon
c) We'd have no place to put our luggage
d) Our flight leaves at 5:30 and with all the stories about the "Chicago to Fay" flight getting cancelled, we don't want to chance it.

Most of you may know how much I love flying. Yes, I know all the stats and how it's quick, efficient and the safest way to travel but I still get the sweaty palms when I think about it. Maybe there's a self-help website I can study within the next 24 hours. Actually, my main fear is not getting home on Sunday night due to a cancellation or flight delay. Once the wheels touch down at XNA Sunday night, I'll be completely relaxed.

Only to realize that the trip is over.

Anyway, I'll hope to post some pics when we get up there as I sit in the room during the day. Sure, I guess I could still try to give my presentation but I'd rather the management at the Drake not get wind of my talk and end up throwing me out with last night's caviar.

Snails sure are stinky.

Please pray for us, especially me and my nervous tendencies, that we'll have a safe, relaxing flight there and back and that all flights will be on time, no luggage lost and no sweating through brand new dress shirts.

Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon from the Windy City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home