Thursday, October 19, 2006

Take My Life

This weekend, I'm hoping to go see the movie "One Night With The King" with my wife. I've been looking forward to this for a while and was excited to see it had come to Fayetteville. The movie is based on the story of Esther in the Bible. It's the story of a Jewish orphan girl who becomes the queen of Persia through a marvelous chain of events. It's quite a story and example of how God can raise someone up from lowly beginnings to become a person of high influence and authority. I highly recommend you take some time to read the story in the Bible if you can.

By the way, it's right before the book of Job in the Old Testament if you're not sure where to look. LOL

The movie has gotten incredible reviews from people who've seen it and recognize it as the story of Esther. From all that I've heard, seen and read about it, the acting, scenery, costuming and everything else make it a legitimately stunning movie.

I've posted this link to a song by Michael Sweet called "Take My Life" that is on the "King" soundtrack, I believe. This link takes you to a video that incorporates scenes from the movie along with Michael singing this incredible version of the timeless hymn we are so familiar with. It's amazing how with a slightly different melody and visual behind the very same lyrics I sang as a child in church, this song and it's message becomes ever so powerful and relevant to my life. I can't begin to explain how humble I feel as I listen to this song and invision myself at the feet of Christ, laying my treasures out before Him.

The song, it's message and the theme of the book of Esther and this movie, along with a few other things going on in my life right now, echo the prayer I have for the Lord right now...

Take my life and let it be, consecrated Lord to Thee. Use it and fulfill it for Your purposes and make the words & songs that come from my mouth be filled with praise and adoration to You, my Heavenly Father.

My brothers & sisters, I feel that time is running out for us to share God's love with others. Events in the world today and constant reminders that our lives as humans are that of a vapor (James 4:14) tell me that I need to be doing more for His kingdom and becoming more obedient to His plan for my life. I guess that's why this song and the impact it's had on my is so powerful today...because I know God wants to use me and I have to allow Him to do that.

Watch this song, reflect on it's lyrics & message and allow God to speak to you today. May His blessings fall upon you as you wait upon the Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eac8sSa9C4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home