Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday Musings

Kind of a drab, cool and rainy Saturday afternoon as we're waiting for the kickoff of the Razorback/South Carolina game. I was sitting around just sort of observing, laughing and watching numerous things around me...

1. The plaid is back. Golfers are back to wearing very loud plaid pants and I have to admit, they don't look nearly as bad as I remember. Still, with the size I am now, I'd look more like a large bay window in the Governor's Mansion than a stylish, 21st century golf dude.

2. Rainy days and Saturdays always get me down. OK, so I'm not Karen Carpenter but the way the kids have been today, especially the boy, I'm about to put them outside IN THE RAIN and let them burn off some of this energy and orneriness. I'm not sure how to spell it but I know you parents know what I'm trying to say.

3. You ever see those Time Life infomercials trying to sell you on their various music collections? Tonight, I was "blessed" to stumble across their "Classic Soft Rock" collection, featuring everyone from Air Supply to Exile to the Doobie Bros (w/Michael McDonald). It was instantly 1979 as I heard some of those brief exerpts. What was amusing about it was Air Supply (the two main guys) were the spokesmen for the collection. They were aged (gracefully?) and sitting in a plush, comfortable living room yet still felt compelled to have their shirts unbuttoned down to their mid-abdomen. Flash to a quick video clip of them singing "Lost In Love" and wouldn't you know it...they had their shirts unbuttoned down to their mid-abdomen.

Guh-ross.

4. Kaitlyn decided to write a short story for kicks this afternoon and it had me in stitches. Here it is for your enjoyment.

A Little Selfish Girl

Once upon a time, there was a little girl. Her name was Nellie. She loved Japanese food, especially at Shoguns. She hasn't gone there in a long time because her parents said it's too expensive to go there.

So, she ran away to a billionaire's housle. So now she can go where ever she wants to go, even to Shoguns. But the police found out about this situation. Well the billionaire was with Nellie so he went to jail. Now the little girl doesn't get her way. Now she is grounded for one whole year.

Isn't that funny? Her explanations about why Nellie couldn't go to Shogun's sound a little familiar to the reasons WE give her. Hmmmm...I better see if she knows any billionaires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home