Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Great Weekend Behind, An Expecting Week Ahead

What a weekend it turned out to be!!

First off, on Friday night, I mentioned I'd be announcing at the Shiloh Christian football game. It was a tight battle, an offensive struggle all night long. Our defenses weren't as sharp and both offenses were scoring almost everytime they had the ball. It literally came down to the final minute when Shiloh was down by 6 points. We converted on an extremely crucial 4th down pass play, setting up what would eventually be the winning pass to the endzone. We in the booth couldn't even see the corner where one of our star receivers, Crosby Tuck, caught the ball...because everyone was standing and cheering! LOL With less than a minute left, Shiloh went up 49-48 and it was up to our defense to stop them.

And stop them they did! I beleive we took over with less than :20 seconds left on the clock and we were content to just down the ball and let the clock run out. What a game!!

Then, the next day, the Hogs came out victorious over Vanderbilt. I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game but from all accounts, the game could've gone either way. Fortunately for the Hogs, Vandy missed a critical field goal and we were able to capitalize on it, winning by 2. Had the FG gone through the goalposts, our Offfensive Cooridnator Gus Malzahn was ready to go with our 1 minute offense. Gus' previous offenses he's coached in high school all had the ability to light up the skies with a potent aerial assault and many feel like he'd have been able to coach the Hogs to a victory regardless. However, we didn't have to find out as the Razorbacks escaped Nashville with a narrow in and a 1-0 mark in the SEC West.

Sunday, God moved in a mighty way during both of our services. Our choir and the music we sing have always been one of those things I absolutely love to be a part of. Yet on that day, it seemed like everyone's hearts and minds were lifted upward, focusing on His majesty and grace! Pastor continued his series on "When My Pain Is Real" as well as his 7 week study on Ephesians 3:20-21. I happened to chat with him for a few minutes after the Sunday evening service and thanked him for bringing such a timely message. That afternoon, it was kind of a cloudy, overcast, rainy day and a perfect time to just take a nap and wake up whenever. The kids were a little out of sorts, the wife had sinus headaches and my blood sugar was over 300. Needless to say, I didn't feel like going to a Sunday night service. But, I felt like God was really encouraging me to go and now that I've seen how He blessed that service, I'm so glad I did.

Not to say that I pat myself on the back for doing what I should have done anyway, but I'm grateful that God spoke to me and touched my heart that night. It was one of those times when I thought to myself as I drove out of the parking lot, "it's been good to be in the house of the Lord."

I hope that God will speak to you this week, giving you that guidance and peace you're looking for. As Pastor mentioned on Sunday night, humble yourself before Him. Seek Him and draw near to Him. The Word says "draw near to Him and He will draw near to you." (James 4:8)

"Ask and it will be given, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you." (Matthew 7:7)

May He reveal Himself and His purposes to you this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home