Monday, March 06, 2006

Fore!!

It's looking like an incredible day for a Monday! Sunny and a high in the lower 70's. You know what that means for me...

Back to the greens for the first time in 2006. High five!

My wife was kind enough to let me buy and pick out my own Christmas present(s) this year and so "Santa" brought me a few new Callaways. A new Big Bertha driver (last year's model for only $180...can't beat that!), a new 3 wood (also at a reduced rate) and my first real forray into the world of "hybrids". I got one of those 5 hybrids which is supposed to take the place of my 2-4 irons. We'll see about that.

Back before I quit for the season, my swing was all out of sync and I was almost literally popping the golf ball straight up off the tee. Unbelievable. I wonder how many eldery gents had strokes laughing so hard at my "form" off the box? One thing I hate is a group of old fogeys waiting behind me, giving me "the look". It's the one that says "hurry up there you novice whipper-snapper! The Matlock marathon is coming on in 3 hours and we don't aim to miss it!"

I hate (and don't need) that kind of pressure.

Hopefully though, I'll have learned some patience and spend some time at the range, getting back into the flow of things before I really head out to play a quick 9. I'd like to do 18 but my ability to lose balls is almost second to none...not to mention my endurance to play through my wicked slice.

And don't remind me about the snakes that writhe about the creek, curling up around those errant golf balls like they were their own eggs. I feel like Indiana Jones sometimes when I try to fish those balls out of the creek. You don't want to disturb the snakes but the appeal of snagging a discarded golf ball...it's the lifelong epic battle of fear (the snakes) and discovery (the balls).

Last time I "discovered" a snake, however, I ran back to my cart squealing like a girl.

Seriously.

I hope that bunch of old fogeys weren't there to see it. I'd have been laughed off the course for sure.

Yes, golf season is back and I love it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home