Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"C" Is For Cookie

It's the most wonderful time...

...of the year!!!

No, I'm not referring to Christmas (although that IS an incredible time in and of itself). I'm talking about the delivery of girl scout cookies!!!

This is where you can look into your video cam and see me licking my lips and rubbing my belly expectantly...

Then you can get physically ill and never blot that horrendous image from your memory. Sorry about that.

Anyway, this is the time of year when many of us are looking forward to the day that sweet little girl from down the street comes up to our door and says "here are your cookies sir". Ahhh yes, the anticipation of those delictable caramel delights, those luscious peanut butter patties that are covered in a deep, rich chocolate coating to my favorites of all...

the thin mints.

Is there anyone who DOESN'T like thin mints? Mike, put your hand down. Anyone else? Oh man, those cookies are incredibly good yet incredibly bad. It's especially tough for me this time because since November, I've been on the lo-carb diet. I made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years without cheating or bending the rules too bad. In fact, up until a couple weeks ago, I could boast that I'd lost between 20-25 pounds since November.

Yeah, I was beginning to look like a little Butterball...just in time for Thanksgiving. You can't imagine the embarrassment and humiliation I felt when I'd have to go up to a double X (XXL) size shirt just to cover my gut. In fact, it got so bad that when we were at Disneyworld, some of the characters would rub my belly like it was a good luck charm. One of the live characters thought they'd be cute and asked when my due date was.

Is it any wonder why I don't like the Fairy Godmother?

Nah...seriously. Back to the cookies. I don't know what it is about them but after only eating a scant few, and I do mean FEW cookies, I feel like I've gained about 4-5 pounds this week alone. As much as I've tried to resist their charms, their beckoning voices calling out to me, I broke down and succumbed to their mesmerizing taste. It wasn't like they had to try all that hard either.

"Hey Jim, how would you-"

"OK!!! All you cookies...get in my belly!!"

Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. *sighs*

I guess it'll be time to get back on the diet, the medication and fire up the will power again. Not to mention back to the gym. Ugh.

Where's that magic pill that burns fat instantaneously?

As much as I like the cookies to come visit, I'm learning it's much better if their stay is extremely brief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home