Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back Home Again

Today was the day we were all waiting for...it was the day Kaitlyn came home from being at camp all week. She'd been away at a church camp called New Life Ranch and while we were able to send her packages, letters and emails, she wasn't able to respond or call us unless it was an emergency. As a result, we would look at the NLR website at their picture page to see if we could spot her. Fortunately for our nerves, we did see her a few times and she always looked happy and very active.

Speaking of being active, I spent the week repainting her room 4 different colors. I did this as a "welcome home" surprise for Kate, fairly certain she'd like what I did but still a little nervous. I think when I got done with everything late last night, I was as excited as I am on Christmas Eve to see her reaction to it when we brought her home today.

Last night, after the paint had dried and had been put away, Jennifer and I began to dig into Kaitlyn's old clothes and her dreaded closet. It took us nearly 3 hours of combined efforts to get through it all but it is well worth it to see a much cleaner, dare I say...happier room.

I know Mommy & Daddy are happier and that's the most important, right? Ha!

Here are a few pics of the new room and me & Kaitlyn standing in it. Oh yeah...she really liked it. In fact, we got video of her trying to scream in excitement but she's so hoarse this morning, it was more of a raspy gasp than a typical girly blood-curdling scream.

Be sure you wear your sunglasses before viewing the room pix.



2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM , Blogger Greg said...

Nice work! Her bedroom looks great!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Her room looks great! I bet she was so surprised.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home