Sunday, April 06, 2008

I Am Jacob...Hear Me Roar!

Friday the kids were out of school for parent teacher conferences and I had a few errands to run. One of the things we needed was a new vacuum. I have no idea how we have gone through 2 pretty pricey vacuums within the past 2 years, especially since it's our cleaning lady who uses it more than we do, but somehow, we need vacuum #3.

BTW, the cleaning lady pleads her innocence with not breaking the latest one and I actually believe her. The thing had only been used a few times but seems to not be getting any kind of power at all. So, off to the dump as I begin another project the kids like to call "spring cleaning".

Back to Friday.

We'd decided not to spend more than about $50 for the next vacuum since there's a good chance it'll be broken by next Thursday (LOL) so off I went in search of the one. I was glad to find one at Target for about $80 but it came with a $20 Target gift card so basically I was able to stay close to budget.

As the kids and I got home, I had to do a little cleaning up. I heard Jacob in the hallway playing with his Iron Man figure near the unopened vacuum box when all of a sudden, he let out a frustrated cry.

"Ah man...the stoopid thing is stuck inside the box!" he bellowed.

It seemed as if part of Iron Man's armor had fallen into the still unopened box and he couldn't get it out. I was at a point where I couldn't help him at that precise moment so I told him to be patient a few minutes then I'd help him.

That was not going to fit into his agenda apparently. About 20 seconds later, I heard some pretty intense 5 year old grunting and straining and then something that sounded like cardboard box being ripped apart.

Seeing as how there was only one cardboard box near where he was, I knew immediately what he was doing.

I was taking too long (in his mind) so he took matters into his own hands, literally, and started to rip the box apart, almost becoming successful in his efforts.

Take a look.



Note to self: watch what we feed the boy for breakfast. We may need to cut back on the creatnine and protein pills. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home